Contaminated Site Characterization
January 28 - 30, 2015 Register now >>
Price : Euros 1495/participant
Pour information, ce cours est également dispensé en français.
This training can be followed by two days of workshop on your own data. Participation in these two days is optional. Click here for more information.
Nowadays, Geostatistics is more and more applied for soil pollution mapping and for risk analysis.
This course presents the basic concepts and methods of Geostatistics to achieve these goals. The subject matter ranges from variography to kriging and simulations for risk analysis.
A particular attention is paid to the integration of these methods for the characterization of contaminated sites: accounting for the historical data, sampling optimization, cartography of in situ pollution and estimation of contaminated volumes.
Methodological presentations followed by practical work using real cases. The focus is based on illustrations and contribution of the concepts presented using Kartotrak. Half of the course is dedicated to practical computer exercises in order to reinforce the previously presented theoretical notions.
Who should attend
The course is designed for practitioners confronted with the characterization of contaminated sites and who wish a practical introduction to geostatistical methods using Kartotrak. No prior knowledge of geostatistics is required. However a basic understanding of statistics is recommended.
- Illustrated presentation of current practices for the characterization of contaminated sites and estimation of contaminated volumes of soil. Advantages of using geostatistics over existing methods.
- Getting Started with Kartotrak.
- Understanding and estimating the spatial heterogeneity of pollution
- Practical introduction to the concept of spatial variability. Operational implications for the feasibility of modelling for certain kind of pollution.
- How to quantify the spatial variability of a pollutant: calculation, interpretation and modeling of the variogram.
- Recommendations for sampling of potentially contaminated sites.
- Predicting and mapping in-situ pollution
- Presentation of the usual methods of mapping the analytical data.
- Principle and properties of kriging in 2D/3D.
- Quantifying and localizing the contaminated volumes
- Overall estimate of the volume of non-compatible land and its associated uncertainty, risk of non-compatibility of local mesh cleanup.
- Final inspection after remediation.
This course may be scheduled for any date and/or location at your convenience. Tailored courses may also be organized on client demand. Please contact your sales representative to request more information.
December 8 - 10, 2014
March 2 - 4, 2015
October 7 - 9, 2015
Comprendre et maîtriser la mise en oeuvre des solutions géostatistiques pour la caractérisation de sites et sols pollués et l'évaluation des risques de dépassement de seuils - Durée : 3 jours (...
January 23, 2015
February 3, 2015
Comprendre la pertinence, la valeur ajoutée et les conditions d’application de l’approche géostatistique pour la caractérisation de sites et sols pollués - Durée : 1 jour (niveau : sensibilisation
January 28 - 30, 2015
Get acquainted with Geostatistics essential concepts for pollutant mapping and contaminated volume estimation - 3-day fundamentals course.
June 3 - 5, 2015
November 25 - 27, 2015
Maîtrisez l'application de la géostatistique pour la cartographie environnementale - Durée : 3 jours (niveau : fondamental).
March 1 - 4, 2015
Geovariances is to exhibit at PDAC 2015. Members of the Geovariances team will be available at booth #1330 for personal presentations/demos featuring Isatis latest version.
March 24 - 26, 2015
Attend the paper presentation by our specialist in Environmental geostatistics: "An overview of radio-contaminated site characterization: methodology and challenges".
May 10 - 13, 2015
Geovariances is to exhibit at CIM Convention 2015. Come with your questions, meet our team and ask for your software demos.
June 1 - 4, 2015
Geovariances is to exhibit at EAGE Madrid '15. Members of the Geovariances team will be available at booth #1070 for personal presentations/demos featuring Isatis latest version.
June 9 - 12, 2015
Geovariances is to exhibit at AquaConsoil 2015. Come with your questions, meet our team and ask for your Kartotrak demos.
September 7 - 11, 2015
Members of the Geovariances team will be there with a booth. Come with your questions, meet our geostatistics specialists and ask for your Isatis demos.