Contaminated Site Characterization with Kartotrak
October 17 - 19, 2016 Register now >>
Price : Euros 1595/participant
Pour information, ce cours est également dispensé en français.
This training can be followed by two days of workshop on your own data. Participation in these two days is optional. Click here for more information.
Nowadays, Geostatistics is more and more applied for soil pollution mapping and for risk analysis.
This course presents the basic concepts and methods of Geostatistics to achieve these goals. The subject matter ranges from variography to kriging and simulations for risk analysis.
A particular attention is paid to the integration of these methods for the characterization of contaminated sites: accounting for the historical data, sampling optimization, cartography of in situ pollution and estimation of contaminated volumes.
Methodological presentations followed by practical work using real cases. The focus is based on illustrations and contribution of the concepts presented using Kartotrak. Half of the course is dedicated to practical computer exercises in order to reinforce the previously presented theoretical notions.
Who should attend
The course is designed for practitioners confronted with the characterization of contaminated sites and who wish a practical introduction to geostatistical methods using Kartotrak. No prior knowledge of geostatistics is required. However a basic understanding of statistics is recommended.
- Illustrated presentation of current practices for the characterization of contaminated sites and estimation of contaminated volumes of soil. Advantages of using geostatistics over existing methods.
- Getting Started with Kartotrak.
- Understanding and estimating the spatial heterogeneity of pollution
- Practical introduction to the concept of spatial variability. Operational implications for the feasibility of modelling for certain kind of pollution.
- How to quantify the spatial variability of a pollutant: calculation, interpretation and modeling of the variogram.
- Recommendations for sampling of potentially contaminated sites.
- Predicting and mapping in-situ pollution
- Presentation of the usual methods of mapping the analytical data.
- Principle and properties of kriging in 2D/3D.
- Quantifying and localizing the contaminated volumes
- Overall estimate of the volume of non-compatible land and its associated uncertainty, risk of non-compatibility of local mesh cleanup.
- Final inspection after remediation.
This course may be scheduled at any date/location of your choice. In that case, the class must have the required minimum number of people enrolled to take place.
Tailored courses may also be organized at your demand to suit your specific training requirements.
October 10 - 12, 2016
March 22 - 24, 2017
Comprendre et maîtriser la mise en oeuvre des solutions géostatistiques pour la caractérisation de sites et sols pollués et l'évaluation des risques de dépassement de seuils - Durée : 3 jours (...
October 17 - 19, 2016
Get acquainted with Geostatistics essential concepts for pollutant mapping and contaminated volume estimation - 3-day fundamentals course.
November 3, 2016
En menos de una hora, va a aprender por qué y cómo Minestis aumenta su nivel de confianza en su modelo geologíco.
November 10, 2016
December 1, 2016
Se descubrirá por qué y cómo el software rinde la geoestadística accesible y cómo es rapido crear modelos de recursos fiables.
November 17, 2016
Discover why and how Minestis increases your confidence level in your geological model
November 18, 2016
Bring your data, find out how quick and easy it is to get a resource model with Minestis and return to work with a 3D block model.Go for it now!
November 24, 2016
December 8, 2016
Find out how easy it is to master geostatistics with Minestis and how quick it is to create a reliable resource model
December 5 - 9, 2016
Únase a nosotros en esta oportunidad única para aprender sobre los principios teóricos detrás del Condicionamiento Uniforme, Estimación Multivariada de leyes y Análisis de Kriging Neighbourhood y la forma en cómo se aplican dentro del software de Da...
December 11 - 13, 2016
Geovariances is exhibitor at Geomet 2016 in Lima. Please meet us at booth #3. We will be happy to show you Minestis and Isatis latest innovations.