Contaminated Site Characterization with Kartotrak
January 20 - 22, 2016 Register now >>
Price : Euros 1595/participant
Pour information, ce cours est également dispensé en français.
This training can be followed by two days of workshop on your own data. Participation in these two days is optional. Click here for more information.
Nowadays, Geostatistics is more and more applied for soil pollution mapping and for risk analysis.
This course presents the basic concepts and methods of Geostatistics to achieve these goals. The subject matter ranges from variography to kriging and simulations for risk analysis.
A particular attention is paid to the integration of these methods for the characterization of contaminated sites: accounting for the historical data, sampling optimization, cartography of in situ pollution and estimation of contaminated volumes.
Methodological presentations followed by practical work using real cases. The focus is based on illustrations and contribution of the concepts presented using Kartotrak. Half of the course is dedicated to practical computer exercises in order to reinforce the previously presented theoretical notions.
Who should attend
The course is designed for practitioners confronted with the characterization of contaminated sites and who wish a practical introduction to geostatistical methods using Kartotrak. No prior knowledge of geostatistics is required. However a basic understanding of statistics is recommended.
- Illustrated presentation of current practices for the characterization of contaminated sites and estimation of contaminated volumes of soil. Advantages of using geostatistics over existing methods.
- Getting Started with Kartotrak.
- Understanding and estimating the spatial heterogeneity of pollution
- Practical introduction to the concept of spatial variability. Operational implications for the feasibility of modelling for certain kind of pollution.
- How to quantify the spatial variability of a pollutant: calculation, interpretation and modeling of the variogram.
- Recommendations for sampling of potentially contaminated sites.
- Predicting and mapping in-situ pollution
- Presentation of the usual methods of mapping the analytical data.
- Principle and properties of kriging in 2D/3D.
- Quantifying and localizing the contaminated volumes
- Overall estimate of the volume of non-compatible land and its associated uncertainty, risk of non-compatibility of local mesh cleanup.
- Final inspection after remediation.
This course may be scheduled at any date/location of your choice. In that case, the class must have the required minimum number of people enrolled to take place.
Tailored courses may also be organized at your demand to suit your specific training requirements.
November 25 - 27, 2015
Maîtrisez l'application de la géostatistique pour la cartographie environnementale - Durée : 3 jours (niveau : fondamental).
December 14 - 16, 2015
March 21 - 23, 2016
Comprendre et maîtriser la mise en oeuvre des solutions géostatistiques pour la caractérisation de sites et sols pollués et l'évaluation des risques de dépassement de seuils - Durée : 3 jours (...
January 20 - 22, 2016
Get acquainted with Geostatistics essential concepts for pollutant mapping and contaminated volume estimation - 3-day fundamentals course.
December 1, 2015
Learn how Uniform Conditioning and its post-processing LUC/LMUC deliver predictions of the local distributions of SMUs (selective mining units) within larger panels conditional to neighbouring information, paving the way for powerful resource charac...
December 8, 2015
In less than half-an-hour, learn why correctly defined search neighborhoods are essential to the estimation process and how they help to reduce the risk of conditional bias (overestimation of high grades and underestimation of low grades), to manage...
December 14, 2015
Descubra o porquê e como o Minestis simplifica a estimativa de recursos. Por meio de uma abordagem geoestatística simplificada e segura, o Minestis possui um workflow rápido e seguro para que você obtenha uma modelagem e avaliação de recursos eficie...
January 21 - 22, 2016
Resulting from the agreement giving exclusive access to Isatis’ geostatistical algorithms to Datamine, Geovariances and Datamine will co-host a Uniform Conditioning seminar in Johannesburg in January 2016.
February 4, 2016
Découvrez comment les méthodes géostatistiques vous aident à mieux cerner et maîtriser les risques liés à votre chantier de dépollution. Séminaire conjoint eOde/Geovariances.
February 16 - 18, 2016
Our specialist in radiological charaterization Yvon Desnoyers is chairman of Session 7: Best practices in characterisation of material and waste - Thursday 28 Feb. 8:30-11:00 a.m.