Contaminated Site Characterization with Kartotrak
Price : Euros 1595/participant
Pour information, ce cours est également dispensé en français.
This training can be followed by two days of workshop on your own data. Participation in these two days is optional. Click here for more information.
Nowadays, Geostatistics is more and more applied for soil pollution mapping and for risk analysis.
This course presents the basic concepts and methods of Geostatistics to achieve these goals. The subject matter ranges from variography to kriging and simulations for risk analysis.
A particular attention is paid to the integration of these methods for the characterization of contaminated sites: accounting for the historical data, sampling optimization, cartography of in situ pollution and estimation of contaminated volumes.
Methodological presentations followed by practical work using real cases. The focus is based on illustrations and contribution of the concepts presented using Kartotrak. Half of the course is dedicated to practical computer exercises in order to reinforce the previously presented theoretical notions.
Who should attend
The course is designed for practitioners confronted with the characterization of contaminated sites and who wish a practical introduction to geostatistical methods using Kartotrak. No prior knowledge of geostatistics is required. However a basic understanding of statistics is recommended.
- Illustrated presentation of current practices for the characterization of contaminated sites and estimation of contaminated volumes of soil. Advantages of using geostatistics over existing methods.
- Getting Started with Kartotrak.
- Understanding and estimating the spatial heterogeneity of pollution
- Practical introduction to the concept of spatial variability. Operational implications for the feasibility of modelling for certain kind of pollution.
- How to quantify the spatial variability of a pollutant: calculation, interpretation and modeling of the variogram.
- Recommendations for sampling of potentially contaminated sites.
- Predicting and mapping in-situ pollution
- Presentation of the usual methods of mapping the analytical data.
- Principle and properties of kriging in 2D/3D.
- Quantifying and localizing the contaminated volumes
- Overall estimate of the volume of non-compatible land and its associated uncertainty, risk of non-compatibility of local mesh cleanup.
- Final inspection after remediation.
This course may be scheduled for any date and/or location at your convenience. Tailored courses may also be organized on client demand. Please contact your sales representative to request more information.
October 7 - 9, 2015
Comprendre et maîtriser la mise en oeuvre des solutions géostatistiques pour la caractérisation de sites et sols pollués et l'évaluation des risques de dépassement de seuils - Durée : 3 jours (...
August 17 - 18, 2015
Resulting from the agreement between Datamine and Geovariances, we will co-host a Uniform Conditioning seminar in Johannesburg this August.
August 19 - 20, 2015
Don't miss out to attend the keynote presentation by Olivier Bertoli, Geovariances Managing Director, related to multivariate conditional simulations and simulation reduction. Also, ask our team for your Minestis or Isatis demo at Geovariances...
August 21, 2015
Last April, Geovariances unveiled MINESTIS, its brand new software dedicated to mineral resource estimation. We invite you to attend our presentation seminar in Johannesburg to learn more about MINESTIS great capabilities and benefits. In particular...
September 3, 2015
Descubre por qué y cómo Minestis simplifica la estimación de recursos. A través de un enfoque simplificado y seguro basado en geoestadística, Minestis propone un flujo de trabajo rápido y fácil de utilizar para obtener una estimación de recursos fia...
September 6 - 10, 2015
Attend the key note speech by our consultant on "Multivariate geostatistics: overview, remaining challenges and perspectives". Geovariances also sponsors the event.
September 7 - 11, 2015
Geovariances consultants are to present various topics during poster sessions: geological model characterization, horizon mapping, geostatistical filtering. Don't miss them!
September 14 - 17, 2015
Geovariances is to showcase Minestis at booth #D23. Don't miss the opportunity to find out more about our brand new software for mineral resource estimation.
September 21 - 24, 2015
Geovariances is to exhibit at GLOBAL 2015. Visit our team at booth #10 and ask for your demo of Kartotrak, the integrated software solution for contaminated site characterization.
November 17, 2015
Geovariances will present a paper related to "(Geo)statistical approaches for contamination characterization" and conduct a workshop on Kartotrak and geostatistics. More info is to come...
February 16 - 18, 2016
Our specialist in radiological charaterization Yvon Desnoyers participates in the working group and will present a paper. More information is to come...