Seminar: an Overview of Geostatistics for Contaminated Site Characterization
To require a specific location or date Register Now
Price : Euros 495/participant
Note that this one-day seminar is also available in French.
- Get introduced to relevant geostatistical solutions for the characterization of contaminated sites: quality control and exploratory data analysis, analysis of the spatial heterogeneity, estimation of in-situ pollution and of the contaminated volumes, quantification of related uncertainties.
- Understand the relevance of geostatistics, its added value and conditions for implementation.
Methodological presentations illustrated with practical examples on real cases involving various types of pollution, both chemical and radiological, leak from a source, reworked fills, etc.. These illustrations involve several environments: soil, sediment, plants (concrete).
Who should attend
Decision-makers, engineers and technicians involved in the characterization or remediation of potentially contaminated sites.
- Current practices
- Presentation of classical approaches implemented for the sampling of potentially polluted sites and the estimation of contaminated soil volumes.
- Pros/Cons and underlying assumptions of these approaches.
- Understanding and estimating the spatial heterogeneity of pollution
- Practical introduction to the concepts of heterogeneity and spatial variability of pollutants. Operational consequences on the feasibility of given remediation techniques.
- How to quantify the spatial variability of a pollutant: calculation and interpretation of the variogram.
- Recommendation for the sampling of potentially polluted sites.
- Predicting and mapping in-situ pollution
- Presentation of common deterministic interpolation methods.
- Introduction to the kriging and its advantages: integration of the spatial variability, quantification of the attached uncertainty.
- Accounting for auxiliary information: site history, qualitative observations and quantitative measurements.
- Quantifying and locating contaminated volumes
- Risks attached to the use of interpolation methods for estimating contaminated volumes.
- Practical introduction to the stochastic simulations approach.
- Presentation of results: global estimation of contaminated volumes and the attached uncertainty, local risk of exceeding cleanup levels.
This course may be scheduled for another date and/or location. Tailored courses may also be organized on client demand. Please contact your sales representative to request more information.
May 27 - 29, 2013
June 10 - 12, 2013
Comprendre et maîtriser la mise en oeuvre des solutions géostatistiques pour la caractérisation de sites et sols pollués et l'évaluation des risques de dépassement de seuils - Durée : 3 jours (...
May 30 - 31, 2013
June 13 - 14, 2013
Apprenez à utiliser efficacement Kartotrak pour la caractérisation de sites pollués en mettant en oeuvre le logiciel sur vos propres données, ceci sous la supervision d'experts en géostatistiqu...
June 12 - 14, 2013
Maîtrisez l'application de la géostatistique pour la cartographie environnementale - Durée : 3 jours (niveau : fondamental)
June 17 - 19, 2013
Get acquainted with Geostatistics essential concepts for pollutant mapping and contaminated volume estimation - 3-day fundamentals course
June 20 - 21, 2013
Learn how to effectively use Kartotrak for the characterization of contaminated sites by implementing the software on your own data, this under the supervision of experts in geostatistics - 2-day fun...
July 1 - 5, 2013
Comprendre et maîtriser la mise en oeuvre des solutions géostatistiques pour la caractérisation des ressources naturelles et de leur hétérogénéité - Durée : 5 jours (niveau : fondamental)
May 20, 2013
Isatis 2013 include many new features and improvements. Learn how to benefit from them through case studies attending Geovariances half-day seminar in Perth.
May 30, 2013
This time, Geovariances is to present: Localised Multivariate Uniform Conditioning: a powerful approach to estimating recoverable resources.
June 10 - 13, 2013
Geovariances is to exhibit at EAGE London '13 at booth #124 and give a poster presentation: "Advanced Approaches in Geostatistical Reservoir Modelling - Methods and Benefits".
July 24 - 26, 2013
Geovariances is Silver Sponsor of the event. Please meet us at booth #18. We'll be happy to show you Isatis 2013 latest innovations.
August 12 - 14, 2013
Geovariances is to exhibit at Iron Ore 2013. Meet with our people and ask for a demo of Isatis at booth 53.
August 26 - 29, 2013
Geovariances is to exhibit at the 13th International Congress of the Brazilian Geophysical Society. Meet with our people and ask for a demo of Isatis 2013 at booth #29.
September 2 - 6, 2013
Attend Geovariances presentation: Combining Various Approaches in Geostatistical Reservoir Modelling: Methods and Benefits - Session 2: Frontier Geostatistics
September 8 - 12, 2013
Geovariances is to exhibit at ICEM 2013.
November 3 - 8, 2013
Geovariances mining geostatistics specialists are to give two paper presentations in partnership with Gold Fields, AngoGold Ashanti and Mines ParisTech. Topics are about MPS and domaining with potential method. They also give a short course about un...
December 1 - 5, 2013
Geovariances is to exhibit for the first time at Mines & Money in London. Feel free to come at booth #A22 and find out how geostatistical software Isatis helps improve your resource evaluation.