Seminar: an Overview of Geostatistics for Radio-Contaminated Site Characterization
To require a specific location or date Register Now
Price : Euros 495/participant
- Get introduced to geostatistical solutions relevant for the characterization of radio-contaminated sites: sampling optimization, quality control and exploratory data analysis, analysis of the spatial heterogeneity, estimation of in-situ contamination and of the contaminated volumes, quantification of related uncertainties.
- Understand the relevance of geostatistics, its added value and conditions for implementation.
Methodological presentations illustrated with practical examples on real cases involving various types of contamination: soils, facilities, waste dumps, etc. Significant time will be allotted for discussions about real projects and feedbacks.
Who should attend
Decision-makers, engineers and technicians involved in the characterization or remediation of potentially radio-contaminated sites.
- Current practices
- Presentation of classical approaches implemented for the sampling of potentially contaminated sites, their characterization and the waste categorization.
- Pros/Cons and underlying assumptions of these approaches.
- Understanding the spatial heterogeneity of contamination
- Practical introduction to the concepts of heterogeneity and spatial variability of radiological compounds. Operational consequences on the feasibility of given remediation techniques.
- How to quantify the spatial variability: calculation and interpretation of the variogram.
- Recommendation for the sampling of potentially contaminated sites.
- Mapping in-situ contamination
- Presentation of common deterministic interpolation methods.
- Introduction to the kriging and its advantages: integration of the spatial variability, quantification of the attached uncertainty.
- Accounting for auxiliary information: site history, qualitative observations and in situ measurements.
- Quantifying and locating contaminated volumes
- Risks attached to the use of interpolation methods for categorizing waste.
- Practical introduction to the approach based on stochastic simulations.
- Presentation of results: global estimation of source term, contaminated volumes and the attached uncertainty, waste classification.
This course may be scheduled for another date and/or location. Tailored courses may also be organized on client demand. Please contact your sales representative to request more information.
June 17 - 19, 2013
October 22 - 24, 2013
February 3 - 5, 2014
Get acquainted with Geostatistics essential concepts for pollutant mapping and contaminated volume estimation - 3-day fundamentals course
June 20 - 21, 2013
Learn how to effectively use Isatis and / or Kartotrak for the characterization of contaminated sites by implementing one of the softwares on your own data, this under the supervision of experts in g...
June 24 - 28, 2013
July 22 - 26, 2013
September 16 - 20, 2013
September 30 - October 4, 2013
October 14 - 18, 2013
October 21 - 25, 2013
November 18 - 22, 2013
January 20 - 24, 2014
January 27 - 31, 2014
February 24 - 28, 2014
Get acquainted with Geostatistics essential concepts for the characterization of natural resources and their heterogeneities - 5-day fundamentals course
July 1 - 5, 2013
Comprendre et maîtriser la mise en oeuvre des solutions géostatistiques pour la caractérisation des ressources naturelles et de leur hétérogénéité - Durée : 5 jours (niveau : fondamental)
September 23 - 25, 2013
September 30 - October 2, 2013
November 11 - 13, 2013
January 13 - 15, 2014
Comprendre et maîtriser la mise en oeuvre des solutions géostatistiques pour la caractérisation de sites et sols pollués et l'évaluation des risques de dépassement de seuils - Durée : 3 jours (...
October 7 - 9, 2013
December 16 - 18, 2013
February 10 - 12, 2014
Maîtrisez l'application de la géostatistique pour la cartographie environnementale - Durée : 3 jours (niveau : fondamental)
October 10, 2013
Comprendre la pertinence, la valeur ajoutée et les conditions d’application de l’approche géostatistique pour la caractérisation de sites et sols pollués - Durée : 1 jour (niveau : sensibilisation...
June 20, 2013
Venez découvrir comment la géostatistique vous aide à mieux anticiper la gestion des volumes de sols contaminés.
July 1, 2013
Geovariances organise le 1er juillet 2013 sa toute première réunion des utilisateurs de Kartotrak, la solution logicielle tout-en-un pour la caractérisation des sites et sols pollués. Soyez-présent !
July 24 - 26, 2013
Geovariances is Silver Sponsor of the event. Please meet us at booth #18. We'll be happy to show you Isatis 2013 latest innovations.
August 12 - 14, 2013
Geovariances is to exhibit at Iron Ore 2013. Meet with our people and ask for a demo of Isatis at booth 53.
August 26 - 29, 2013
Geovariances is to exhibit at the 13th International Congress of the Brazilian Geophysical Society. Meet with our people and ask for a demo of Isatis 2013 at booth #29.
September 2 - 6, 2013
Attend Geovariances presentation: Combining Various Approaches in Geostatistical Reservoir Modelling: Methods and Benefits - Session 2: Frontier Geostatistics
September 8 - 12, 2013
Geovariances is to exhibit at ICEM 2013.
September 24 - 25, 2013
Yvon Desnoyers, Geovariances expert in Radiological Characterisation, is lecturer at the ibc Nuclear 3rd Decontamination & Dismantling of Nuclear Facilities Seminar: The fundamentals of technical processes from shut down and de-planting to end ...
November 3 - 8, 2013
Geovariances mining geostatistics specialists are to give two paper presentations in partnership with Gold Fields, AngoGold Ashanti and Mines ParisTech. Topics are about MPS and domaining with potential method. They also give a short course about un...
December 1 - 5, 2013
Geovariances is to exhibit for the first time at Mines & Money in London. Feel free to come at booth #A22 and find out how geostatistical software Isatis helps improve your resource evaluation.