Advanced Mineral Resource Estimation
Go beyond geostatistics fundamentals and learn how to improve your mineral resource estimation with multivariate and non-linear geostatistics
This advanced 2-day course provides you with a sound understanding of the geostatistical concepts for MRE extended to the multivariate case and is a sound introduction to recoverable resource estimation and uncertainty analysis.
- Advanced geostatistical concepts explained in a clear and concise way.
- Demonstrations and examples.
- Hands-on exercises to reinforce and explore concepts (with Isatis and Minestis – Temporary software licenses will be provided for free for one month).
Who should attend
This course is aimed at geologists, engineers and other practioneers seeking a sound theoretical and practical knowledge of mining geostatistics.
- Multivariate variography and kriging
- Introduction to change of support and local/global recoverable resource estimation (including Uniform Conditioning)
- Introduction to risk analysis via the use of conditional simulations
A good knowledge of linear geostatistics is required.
We recommend to have attended our course Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation, which covers the fundamental concepts of geostatistics for mineral resource estimation and provides an ideal basis for this advanced course