This 2-day course offers an understanding of the use of geostatistics as a tool to produce and validate geological domains used to guide the estimation process
- Includes hands-on workshop with Isatis and Minestis.
- Course materials (documentation, journal files, training data, worked examples) are provided for future reference.
Who should attend
Resource geologists and engineers in charge of domain creation, validation and mineral resource estimates at large.
- Automatic Domaining: gives a partition of the dataset based on statistical criteria.
- Domain Modeling: helps creating geological domains consistent with data and user-given constraints.
- Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA): helps validating the domain modeling decisions underlying the production of a resource estimate:
– Univariate/multivariate analysis,
– Based on histograms, base maps, scatter plots, Q-Q plots, h-scatter plots, variograms, variogram maps, etc.
- Contact Analysis and Border Effect: help qualify how the domains should be treated at the estimation stage (hard/soft boundary, definition of transition domains etc.).