Kriging and Cokriging Theory and Best Practices
Learn kriging concepts and how to apply them in seismic data processing and geomodeling.
The course is delivered in 4×2-hour online training sessions over 4 consecutive days by our experienced instructors.
You only need an internet connection and headphones with a microphone.
Price for the 8 hours: 500€
Be careful: session hours are given in Paris time.
Following this course, you will master kriging and cokriging key principles. You will get insights into kriging most useful applications for reservoir characterization and modeling.
- Interpolation of data: kriging theory. 2D-3D examples
- Behavior of kriging weights: location of samples, neighborhood, nugget effect
- Kriging parameters QC: Cross-validation
- Kriging variance
Demonstration with Isatis: Impact of samples location and neighborhood choice
Practical issues and use of Kriging:
- Kriging variants: faults integration, variance of measurement error.
- Introduction to kriging with fuzzy data
Introduction to Kriging in multivariate case:
- Multivariate geostatistical framework for regionalized variables (Model of coregionalization) and collocated cokriging
- Application to property mapping
Introduction to non-stationary geostatistics and trend modelling:
- Distinguishing between trends and residuals
- Demonstration with Isatis: Mapping with trend – comparison of techniques
Factorial kriging and its applications for the removal of seismic noise/artifacts.
- Limitation of Kriging – introduction to simulations of continuous properties
Knowledge of the basic concepts of Geostatistics.