Populating a geological model with properties
Learn how to generate accurate and reliable geological models using geostatistical simulations.
The course is delivered in 4×2-hour online training sessions over 4 consecutive days by our experienced instructors.
You only need an internet connection and headphones with a microphone.
Price for the 8 hours: 500€
Be careful: session hours are given in Paris time.
At the end of the course, you will be aware of the different methods you may use for simulating facies, with the pros and cons for each one. You will also get insights on advanced methods for simulating continuous properties inside facies.
Presentation of Facies distribution modeling concepts:
- Reference surfaces
- Proportion curves
Methods for accounting for the lateral non stationarity of facies proportions
Common simulation algorithms for categorical variables:
- Indicator simulations (SIS)
- Truncated Gaussian (TGS) and Plurigaussian (PGS) simulations
- Boolean simulations (object-based)
- Multiple-Point Statistics (MPS)
- Process-based approaches (Flumy).
Common simulation algorithms for continuous variables:
- Turning Bands
- Sequential Gaussian Simulations (SGS)
Conditioning simulations to data
Application to Porosity and Permeability distribution simulation
- Control of Petrophysical properties histogram and spatial continuity
- Border effects characterization and modeling
Volumetrics and associated uncertainty.
Knowledge of Kriging theory and practice.