Get realistic models of turbiditic environments with Isatis 2016
Flumy is a fast way of reproducing a depositional environment of turbiditic type. Compare to fluvial meandering chanels, turbiditic meanders are characterized by a larger size, a more tortuous shape and different facies. Flumy has been enhanced to allow their modeling through a geostatistics and process-based combined approach for a more realistic output.
Want to know how Flumy works?
Flumy allows to:
- Simulate a turbiditic system within a canyon, reproducing the physical processes occuring in such system. Such processes include aggradation, avulsion, levee breach, overbank flood, migration possibly driven by erodatibitlity characteristics
- Reproduce the characteristics of turbiditic meanders characterized by their size or wavelength,
- Simulate specific lithotypes available in turbiditic environments like crevasse, levee, over bank, mud plug or pelagic facies.
- Model consistent with the geological structures and the physical processes
- Sensitivity tests made possible based on simulation statistical analysis
- Non-expert user mode provided for facilitated parameter setting
- Realistic model responding like the oilfield
- Realistic production estimation based on more realistic reservoir volumes
Turbiditic simulation – The simulation is constrained by 3 surfaces (top, intermediate, bottom). In this example, the erodibility is maximum in the central axis of the channel. This allows to constrain the migration and development of the turbiditic system inside the canyon’s topography.
Turbiditic simulation – 2D slice and cross-section