Advanced Geostatistics for Geophysicists | Training course
Learn how to enhance the quality of your seismic data to get consistent and reliable velocity volumes.
Geostatistics has become a key tool in geophysics, due to its proven added value for various tasks: seismic data quality control, noise filtering, velocity modeling, time to depth conversion, uncertainty quantification. This course provides a sound understanding of the geostatistical solutions relevant to accomplish these tasks.
The capabilities of geostatistics to handle petroleum data characterized by their heterogeneous nature are shown on real cases with a minimum of theory and a maximum of practice.
Who should attend
Geophysicists involved in data interpretation and mapping of surfaces limiting the reservoirs.
- Quality Control of seismic data
- Filtering acquisition artefacts using kriging
- Multivariate geostatistics and cokriging. Factorial cokriging.
- The problematic of time to depth conversion: time interpretation, evaluation of the information on velocities and standard models. Integration of wells and seismic data for time to depth conversion
- 3D seismic data processing: calibration of velocity from stacking velocity cube
- Introduction to stochastic simulation for assessing uncertainties during velocity modeling, depth conversion and volumetrics.