CFSG 2022 – Module 2 – Advanced in-situ resources| Training course
Learn how to improve estimation with multivariate geostatistics or by constraining the block model with geological trends.
The Specialized Training Cycle in Geostatistics, known as CFSG, is a high-level training program in mining geostatistics delivered by the Geostatistics Team from MINES ParisTech and Geovariances. Its objective is to give you a comprehensive and deep knowledge of geostatistics for mineral resource estimation so that, when you return to work, you will be able to build the block models that your company needs for confident mine planning. By attending the program, you learn the theory behind the techniques presented to you and practice them through numerous exercises and a real-life project.
The 2022 edition of CFSG is delivered online in 6 modules over 10 weeks starting from February 2022. This module is the second one of the series. At the end of it, you will be able to integrate secondary grades’ and geology information in the estimation process to improve the accuracy of block models.
- Half of the training program is devoted to methodological presentations, the other half to practical exercises to deepen the understanding of concepts.
– The methodological courses are given by MINES ParisTech professors and are scheduled in order to match the time zone of the audience. For more convenience, these courses are recorded and made available to participants.
– The practical sessions will be driven by Geovariances’ consultants, either from our French office (for those whose time zone is compatible with the French one) or from our Australian and Brazilian offices for the other participants.
- A typical training week would then be:
– Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday: theoretical course (on a half-day) and hands-on practice with Isatis.neo Mining Edition (on the half-day following the theoretical course).
– Thursday or Friday: Homework using Isatis.neo Mining Edition with compulsory rendering at the end of the day.
– Friday: Live correction and comments from the teaching team. Validation of prior learning.
- CFSG 2022 is a certification training. The knowledge acquired in each module is validated through an examination. At the end of each module, you will get a training certificate with a distinction giving official recognition to the full completion of the module.
- Course material and a temporary software license are provided.
- A minimum number of 5 participants is required for a module to actually take place.
Who should attend
CFSG training program is meant for mining geologists and engineers who are willing to achieve a high level in geostatistics.
- Domaining. Homogeneity and stationarity hypotheses
– Coding by indicators: grouping by rock type vs. splitting into geological domains
– Exploratory Data Analysis: statistics per domain, border effect
– Hypotheses on boundaries: open or closed domain (what neighborhood to use for kriging). The particular cases of faulted domains and domains exhibiting connectivity
- Multivariate modeling
– Experimental statistics: scatter plots, correlation table, regressions (linear and non-linear)
– Transforms: Principal Component Analysis (PCA) and Multiple Factor Analysis (MAF), Indicator Residuals
– Simple and cross variograms
– Transition analysis
– Modeling: Linear Model of Coregionalization
- Non-stationary modeling
– Dichotomy between (deterministic) Drift and (stochastic) Residuals: (strictly) stationary, intrinsic or non-stationary
– Exploratory Data Analysis: swath plots, cross plots, experimental variograms (quadratic behavior, or more)
– Non-stationary Models: Drift and Stationary Residuals
– Extension to complex drifts: Intrinsic Random Function of order k (Generalized covariances)
– Kriging with External Drift
– Cokriging: Simple and Ordinary. Simplifications
– Collocated Co-kriging
– Factorial Kriging Analysis
Several exercises to learn how to analyze contacts between domains, compute and adjust multivariate variograms, and run cokriging and kriging with external drift using Isatis.neo Mining Edition.
Participants are requested to have attended CFSG 2022 first module.
We recall that CFSG 2022 is made of 6 modules:
– Module 1: Geostatistics Fundamentals
– Module 2: Advanced in-situ resources
– Module 3: Recoverable resources
– Module 4: Facies simulations
– Module 5: Domaining
– Module 6: Handling big data sets
Please note that Module 1 is mandatory. Modules 2 to 6 can be attended à la carte, according to your needs, independently from each other.
We offer a 25% discount on the purchase of all 6 modules.