CFSG 2022 – Module 4 – Facies simulations
Learn how to compute realistic geological facies models.
The Specialized Training Cycle in Geostatistics, known as CFSG, is a high-level training program in mining geostatistics delivered by the Geostatistics Team from MINES ParisTech and Geovariances. Its objective is to give you a comprehensive and deep knowledge of geostatistics for mineral resource estimation so that, when you return to work, you will be able to build the block models that your company needs for confident mine planning. By attending the program, you learn the theory behind the techniques presented to you and practice them through numerous exercises and a real-life project.
The 2022 edition of CFSG is delivered online in 6 modules over 10 weeks starting from February 2022. This module is the fourth one of the series. At the end of it, you will be able to generate robust geological models using several advanced techniques.
- Half of the training program is devoted to methodological presentations, the other half to practical exercises to deepen the understanding of concepts.
– The methodological courses are given by MINES ParisTech professors and are scheduled in order to match the time zone of the audience. For more convenience, these courses are recorded and made available to participants.
– The practical sessions will be driven by Geovariances’ consultants, either from our French office (for those whose time zone is compatible with the French one) or from our Australian and Brazilian offices for the other participants.
- A typical training week would then be:
– Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday: theoretical course (on a half-day) and hands-on practice with Isatis.neo Mining Edition (on the half-day following the theoretical course).
– Thursday or Friday: Homework using Isatis.neo Mining Edition with compulsory rendering at the end of the day.
– Friday: Live correction and comments from the teaching team. Validation of prior learning.
- CFSG 2022 is a certification training. The knowledge acquired in each module is validated through an examination. At the end of each module, you will get a training certificate with a distinction giving official recognition to the full completion of the module.
- Course material and a temporary software license are provided.
- A minimum number of 5 participants is required for a module to actually take place.
Who should attend
CFSG training program is meant for mining geologists and engineers who are willing to achieve a high level in geostatistics.
- Model determination
– From geology to indicators
– Experimental statistics of indicators: proportions, stationarity
- The Sequential methods
– Sequential Indicator Simulations:
. Modeling the variogram of indicators
. Adaptation of the Sequential Simulation technique to facies
– Multiple-point Simulations (MPS):
. Choice of one or several Training Images
. Sequential simulation (pattern matching)
- The Boolean model
– Ingredients: Point process, Objects
– Modeling the Point process: Poisson (deterministic intensity) or Cox (random intensity)
– Non-conditional simulations
– Conditional simulations: iterative and sequential methods
– Extension to the multi-facies case
- The Plurigaussian model
– Reminders: the Gaussian Simulation approach for continuous variables (e.g. Turning Bands)
– Ingredients: Indicators, dimension of the latent Gaussian field (mono-gaussian or pluri-gaussian), truncation rules
– Modeling: Facies proportions and variograms of the underlying Gaussian Random Function
– Non-conditional simulations
– Conditional simulations:
. Gibbs sampler for translating categorical constraints into gaussian values
. Conditional Gaussian simulations
Several exercises to learn how to compute a facies proportions model and run Sequential Indicator Simulations and Plurigaussian Simulations with Isatis.neo Mining Edition.
Participants are requested to have attended CFSG 2022 first module.
We recall that CFSG 2022 is made of 6 modules:
– Module 1: Geostatistics Fundamentals
– Module 2: Advanced in-situ resources
– Module 3: Recoverable resources
– Module 4: Facies simulations
– Module 5: Domaining
– Module 6: Handling big data sets
Please note that Module 1 is mandatory. Modules 2 to 6 can be attended à la carte, according to your needs, independently from each other.
We offer a 25% discount on the purchase of all 6 modules.
Europe - Middle East - Africa - USA - Canada: +33 1 6074 9090
Asia-Pacific: +61 8 9321 3877
Latin America - The Carribean: +61 8 9321 3877