CFSG 2022 – Module 6 – Handling big data sets
Learn innovative and machine-learning-based techniques that improve performance.
The Specialized Training Cycle in Geostatistics, known as CFSG, is a high-level training program in mining geostatistics delivered by the Geostatistics Team from MINES ParisTech and Geovariances. Its objective is to give you a comprehensive and deep knowledge of geostatistics for mineral resource estimation so that, when you return to work, you will be able to build the block models that your company needs for confident mine planning. By attending the program, you learn the theory behind the techniques presented to you and practice them through numerous exercises and a real-life project.
The 2022 edition of CFSG is delivered online in 6 modules over 10 weeks starting from February 2022. This module is the sixth and last one of the series. At the end of it, you will be able to apply specific techniques that improve estimation performance.
- Half of the training program is devoted to methodological presentations, the other half to practical exercises to deepen the understanding of concepts.
– The methodological courses are given by MINES ParisTech professors and are scheduled in order to match the time zone of the audience. For more convenience, these courses are recorded and made available to participants.
– The practical sessions will be driven by Geovariances’ consultants, either from our French office (for those whose time zone is compatible with the French one) or from our Australian and Brazilian offices for the other participants.
- A typical training week would then be:
– Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday: theoretical course (on a half-day) and hands-on practice with Isatis.neo Mining Edition (on the half-day following the theoretical course).
– Thursday or Friday: Homework using Isatis.neo Mining Edition with compulsory rendering at the end of the day.
– Friday: Live correction and comments from the teaching team. Validation of prior learning.
- CFSG 2022 is a certification training. The knowledge acquired in each module is validated through an examination. At the end of each module, you will get a training certificate with a distinction giving official recognition to the full completion of the module.
- Course material and a temporary software license are provided.
- A minimum number of 5 participants is required for a module to actually take place.
Who should attend
CFSG training program is meant for mining geologists and engineers who are willing to achieve a high level in geostatistics.
This week introduces you to innovative and unique methodologies that facilitate handling big data sets and speed-up processes, such as the SPDE simulations.
You also get insights into some of the reference Machine Learning techniques which open new avenues for realistic realizations of complex environments.
The detailed content of this module will be published soon.
Participants are requested to have attended CFSG 2022 first module.
We recall that CFSG 2022 is made of 6 modules:
– Module 1: Geostatistics Fundamentals
– Module 2: Advanced in-situ resources
– Module 3: Recoverable resources
– Module 4: Facies simulations
– Module 5: Domaining
– Module 6: Handling big data sets
Please note that Module 1 is mandatory. Modules 2 to 6 can be attended à la carte, according to your needs, independently from each other.
We offer a 25% discount on the purchase of all 6 modules.
Europe - Middle East - Africa - USA - Canada: +33 1 6074 9090
Asia-Pacific: +61 8 9321 3877
Latin America - The Carribean: +61 8 9321 3877