Mineral Resource Estimation
Learn the fundamental concepts of geostatistics to estimate your resources confidently
This training can be delivered online on request, through instructor-led virtual sessions. Contact us for more info.
This course is an introductory mining geostatistics course for resource estimation. It is ideal for newcomers to geostatistics or for someone wanting a refresher. It covers in detail variography and kriging (including kriging neighborhood analysis). The use of kriging results for mineral resource classification is also covered.
- Half of the course is devoted to methodological presentations, the second half to practical exercises to deepen the understanding of concepts. Focus is on illustrations and practical contribution of the covered concepts.
- Computer exercises with Isatis.neo Mining Edition.
- Course material and temporary software license provided.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at geologists, engineers and other practioneers seeking a sound theoretical and practical knowledge of mining geostatistics.
DAY 1 (ONLINE SESSIONS 1 AND 2)
- Overview of Mineral Resource Estimation procedures.
- The key advantage of integrating geostatistics: why use it?
- Quantification of grade spatial variability: calculation and interpretation of the variogram (experimental variogram, variogram cloud, variogram map).
DAY2 (ONLINE SESSIONS 3 AND 4)
- Variogram modeling.
- Kriging (2D/3D). Principles and properties. Map uncertainty.
DAY3 (ONLINE SESSIONS 5 AND 6)
- Kriging in practice including Kriging Neighborhood Analysis (KNA) and cross-validation.
- In situ resource estimation.
- Introduction to resource classification (Inferred – Indicated – Measured).
None. This course is an ideal introduction to practical mining geostatistics.
To extend your knowledge, we recommend that you also attend the complementary advanced short course Recoverable Resource Estimation
Europe - Middle East - Africa - USA - Canada: +33 1 6074 9090
Asia-Pacific: +61 8 9321 3877
Latin America - The Carribean: +61 8 9321 3877