Geostatistical Simulations Post-Processing for reservoir modeling | Integration of Dynamic Data | Training course
Learn how to validate and enhance geological reservoir models using geostatistical simulations.
At the end of the course, you will know which advanced methods to use for controling and enhancing geological models while accounting for the presence of drains in the reservoir.
- Reminder on Mathematical Morphology tools:
– Erosion, Dilation, Opening, Closing
– Connected components
- Implementation of Mathematical Morphology algorithms in Isatis:
– Overview of Grid Operations
- Advanced functionalities in Isatis:
– Data management: selections, calculator, link with Petrel
– Advanced scripting facilities
- Testing connections between wells
Honoring wells connection information in geostatistical simulations:
- Calculation and practical use of connected bodies
- Advanced static models QC
- Inference of geological model parameters
- Honoring wells connection information in geostatistical simulations:
– Accounting for faults and fractures
– Definition and use of pilot points in complex cases
- Control of connected bodies shape:
– Classification of realizations
- Practical integration in geomodeling software workflows
Knowledge of Kriging theory and practice.
The course is delivered in one-to-one 4×2-hour online training sessions over 4 consecutive days by our experienced instructors.
You only need an internet connection and headphones with a microphone.
Although examples are given with Isatis software, the concepts and methodologies that will be addressed can easily be applied using your usual geomodeling software package.
This course is part of a live online training program to quickly get acquainted with the essential concepts and methodologies of geostatistics applied to reservoir characterization and modeling.
Courses are given as one-to-one sessions for quality content, better suited to your needs and issues, and facilitated exchange between trainee and trainer.
Note that if the provided scheduled dates are not compatible with your agenda, we invite you to contact us to arrange your own schedule. Course content may also be adapted to your needs on demand.
To learn the fundamentals of geostatistics:
- Basic concepts of geostatistics – Data analysis and variography
- Kriging and cokriging theory and best practices
To go further with geostatistics:
- Advanced mapping techniques and uncertainty quantification
- Geostatistical filtering of seismic data
- Populating a geological model with properties
- Geostatistical simulation post-processing | Integration of dynamic data.