Geostatistics Fundamentals for Coal Resource Estimation| Training course
Find out the benefits of geostatistical methods applied to coal resource estimation
This 2-day course is a sound introduction to coal mining geostatistics. It will highlight the benefits of geostatistical methods applied to coal resource estimation.
- Fundamental geostatistical concepts explained in a clear and concise way.
- Demonstrations and examples using Isatis
- Hands-on exercises to reinforce concepts and gain autonomy.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at resource geologists and project managers wanting to develop their understanding of the concepts, applications and benefits of geostatistics in coal resources.
An introduction to coal mining geostatistics: what is it and why use it?
- In which framework do we use geostatistics
- Geostatistical concepts
- Classical statistics and their limitation
Spatial data analysis
- Experimental variograms, clouds, maps
- Variogram modeling
- Glimpse at multivariate geostatistics
- Introduction to uncertainites