Introduction to Geostatistics for Managers
Get a clear and concise overview of key geostatistical concepts used in mining resource estimation
This one-day seminar aims at providing attendees with a clear and concise overview of key geostatistical concepts used in mining resource estimation so that they can better appraise the geostatistical work they supervise or receive from external parties. It will provide:
- An understanding of key geostatistical concepts necessary for mining resource estimation;
- Do’s and don’ts of geostatistical resource estimation based on practical examples; and,
- An introduction to how to account for project risk.
By the end of this seminar, participants should have a high level understanding of key geostatistical evaluation concepts.
- Resource estimation theory: the geostatistical framework
- The prevalence of data quality, sound geological interpretation and domaining
- Variography and Kriging
- Metallurgical geomodelling and estimation
- Notion of recoverable resource estimation
- Which model for my deposit?
- How to build simulations and use them
- Scenario analysis and real options.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at project managers and business decision makers wanting to develop their understanding of the concepts, applications and benefits of geostatistical concepts for mining resource estimation.