Learn how to effectively use Kartotrak for the characterization of contaminated sites by implementing one of the softwares on your own data, this under the supervision of experts in geostatistics
Workshop content and duration will be set according to the requested objectives; the leading idea being that each participant is there to deepen his own knowledge. From practical work based on each participant’s data, geostatistics key concepts will be discussed. The following points will be addressed: variography and anisotropy modeling, Gaussian transformations, change of support and application of results for decision aid, etc.
Methodological reminders followed by practical work based on participants’ data. The emphasis is on the choice of parameters and geostatistical modeling pitfalls. Thus, participants gain confidence and efficiency in the use of the software packages.
Who should attend
This workshop is intended for engineers and technicians, who are familiar with the application of geostatistics with Isatis and / or Kartotrak for the characterization of contaminated sites and who wish to improve their use of the software and go further.
- Presentation of participants’ case studies
- Specification of the exact content of the workshop and the time for each topic.
- Variography, particularly with 3D anisotropies;
- Gaussian transformations (anamorphosis): how to control its quality?
- Change of support and geostatistical simulations;
- 3D visualization and results display: superimposition of contextual information (topography, base maps) and advanced visualization.
- Post-processing and decision support: which results to provide, how to communicate based on the results of the study.
- Surveying contaminated sites: how to refine the sampling strategy.
- How to choose and combine several auxiliary variables to refine mapping.
Throughout the workshop, time is allocated to discuss about studies made by participants, results and issues.
It is required to have followed one of the fundamental trainings prior to the workshop.