Kriging and Cokriging Theory and Best Practices
Learn kriging concepts and how to apply them in seismic data processing and geomodeling.
DURATION: 4x2-hour sessions over 4 consecutive days | LEVEL: FUNDAMENTALS
Following this course, you will master kriging and cokriging key principles. You will get insights into kriging most useful applications for reservoir characterization and modeling.
- Interpolation of data: kriging theory. 2D-3D examples
- Behavior of kriging weights: location of samples, neighborhood, nugget effect
- Kriging parameters QC: Cross-validation
- Kriging variance
Demonstration with Isatis: Impact of samples location and neighborhood choice
Practical issues and use of Kriging:
- Kriging variants: faults integration, variance of measurement error.
- Introduction to kriging with fuzzy data
Introduction to Kriging in multivariate case:
- Multivariate geostatistical framework for regionalized variables (Model of coregionalization) and collocated cokriging
- Application to property mapping
Introduction to non-stationary geostatistics and trend modelling:
- Distinguishing between trends and residuals
- Demonstration with Isatis: Mapping with trend – comparison of techniques
Factorial kriging and its applications for the removal of seismic noise/artifacts.
- Limitation of Kriging – introduction to simulations of continuous properties
Knowledge of the basic concepts of Geostatistics.
The course is delivered in one-to-one 4×2-hour online training sessions over 4 consecutive days by our experienced instructors.
You only need an internet connection and headphones with a microphone.
Although examples are given with Isatis software, the concepts and methodologies that will be addressed can easily be applied using your usual geomodeling software package.
This course is part of a live online training program to quickly get acquainted with the essential concepts and methodologies of geostatistics applied to reservoir characterization and modeling.
Courses are given as one-to-one sessions for quality content, better suited to your needs and issues, and facilitated exchange between trainee and trainer.
Note that if the provided scheduled dates are not compatible with your agenda, we invite you to contact us to arrange your own schedule. Course content may also be adapted to your needs on demand.
To learn the fundamentals of geostatistics:
- Basic concepts of geostatistics – Data analysis and variography
- Kriging and cokriging theory and best practices
To go further with geostatistics:
- Advanced mapping techniques and uncertainty quantification
- Geostatistical filtering of seismic data
- Populating a geological model with properties
- Geostatistical simulation post-processing | Integration of dynamic data.