Sampling Analysis with Isatis
Learn how to define drill hole spacing from your data using your quality and classification standards.
This course is a great introduction to discover how drill hole spacing can be defined from you data using your quality and classification standards to quantitatively defend your classification decisions. Furthermore, it presents some tools used to optimize a sampling campaign and to ensure the highest estimate quality.
- Sampling Analysis concepts and applications based on exercices using case studies in Isatis.
- Course material for a future reference (documentation, journal files, training data, worked examples).
Who should attend
This course is aimed at resource geologists and mining engineers wanting to gain confidence in their drilling plan and to optimize their sampling mesh.
Reminder of linear geostatistics
Exercises with Isatis:
- Drill Hole Spacing Analysis: to assess the estimate precision based on the sampling data, density and variability;
- Sample Optimization: to define new sampling locations to improve local estimation;
- Local Sampling Sensitivity Analysis: to determine the optimal sampling mesh to achieve a given resource accuracy;
A good knowledge of linear geostatistics is required.