Workshop on Mining Geostatistics
Apply the concepts of mining geostatistics on your own data set under the guidance of an expert geostatistician
DURATION: TO BE AGREED | LEVEL: WORKSHOP
This course will get you acquainted with the practice of geostatistics in Isatis. It covers many topics – Data Loading, Exploratory Data Analysis and Kriging – that you will be familiar with by the end of the session.
The course is based on computer exercises applied to real datasets coming from the mining industry. Attendants will practice either alone or by groups of two people, they will keep a copy of their Isatis project at the end of the course (database, graphics, journal files, etc). It is recommended to have a feeling for the basic concepts of geostatistics (spatial data analysis, what are the Variogram and Kriging), however the course does NOT make use of mathematics and therefore can be followed by beginners in geostatistics as well as confirmed geostatisticians.
Who should attend
Since Isatis is a general purpose geostatistical tool, learning how to use it is of benefit to any geoscientist or engineer who works on spatial data: geologists, geostatisticians, mining engineers.
This session covers the following topics:
- Presentation of the concepts and tools around which Isatis is organised: User Interface, types of data manipulated and organisation of the database, graphical capabilities, HTML on-line manual, batch capabilities.
- Exchanging data with other software: loading data into the database.
- Data management inside Isatis.
- Classical statistics and Exploratory Data Analysis.
- Data Compositing.
- Computing experimental variograms and introduction to variogram modelling.
- Applying Ordinary Kriging.
- Kriging Neighborhood Analysis.
- Introduction to simulations.
- Graphics and reporting.
- Exchanging data with other software: saving results outside of Isatis.
- Batch procedures for automatic run of Isatis.