Advanced Geostatistics for Reservoir Characterization
Learn the state-of-the art in property and geological facies modeling using the stochastic simulations for reliable and accurate assessment of uncertainties.
Advanced geostatistical modeling of reservoirs for the distribution of lithofacies and petrophysical properties. The pros and cons of existing simulation algorithms are discussed and illustrated on real examples.
Step by step workflow analysis and description for generating 3D reservoir static model using common and advanced geostatistical simulation technics. Facies modeling with focus on the analysis of proportion curves and the role played by the stratigraphic reference surface. Review of petrophysical property simulations constrained by facies methods.
Who should attend
Geologists, geophysicists and reservoir engineers involved in reservoir characterization.
- Overview of geostatistics and its main methods.
- Variogram analysis and kriging.
- Introduction to simulations: why, what and how to simulate to get a good reservoir model and to quantify its uncertainty.
- Overview of simulation methods for categorical (discrete) and continuous variables.
- Statistical and geostatistical analysis of the facies variability: reference surfaces, proportion curves. How to account for lateral non stationarity.
- Variographic analysis of indicators.
- Conditional simulations of categorical variables: indicator simulation (SIS), Boolean simulations, truncated Gaussian (TGS), extension of TGS to Plurigaussian (PGS) with definition of transition schemes. Introduction to Multiple-Points Simulations (MPS) and Meandering Channels Simulations (Flumy).
- Conditional simulations of continuous variables, such as properties: Turning Bands and Sequential Gaussian Simulations (SGS).
- Constraining of property simulations with facies.
The first part of this short course “Basic Concepts of Oil & Gas Geostatistics” covers the fundamental concepts of geostatistics for Oil & Gas and provides an ideal basis for this part.
Europe - Middle East - Africa - USA - Canada: +33 1 6074 9090
Asia-Pacific: +61 8 9321 3877
Latin America - The Carribean: +61 8 9321 3877