WHAT INFORMATION WE PROCESS
Personal information you provide us
We collect a variety of information that you provide us directly, in general, when:
- Registering for a user account through our website. A user account is a password-protected section (“MY GEOVARIANCES”) for anyone wishing to download technical resources or software from our website or communicate with Geovariances. To access your private account, you must activate it online by clicking “MY GEOVARIANCES,” then “Sign up for an account”);
- Purchasing from us, including registering and enrolling in a training course:
- Signing up for newsletters:
- Submitting requests or questions via online forms (including “Make an inquiry” or “Try our software solution with your data”) or email;
- Requesting customer support and technical assistance;
- Giving us your business card;
- Applying for a job.
The information you supply on the Geovariances website allows us to process your requests. The data that is essential for Geovariances is indicated by an asterisk.
Personal data that we process may include:
- Basic information such as your first and last name, prefix, and title.
- Contact details such as your email address, phone number, and company mailing address.
- Log-in credentials if you registered a user account with us.
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us, such as your company shipping address. Please note, however, that we do not collect, store, or transmit financial account information.
- Personal data you provide us to attend events or meetings.
- Personal information you may provide us for a job application, such as your full name, date of birth, address, phone number, nationality, marital status, and any other personal data set out in your application.
- Any other personal data that you may provide us or that we may obtain in relation to the purposes and based on grounds set out below.
Personal information we collect
As you interact with our site, we automatically collect technical information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, the date you have accessed our site, the website you have visited before visiting our site, your browser, OS, IP address, and the domain name. We collect this personal information by using cookies. Cookies are very small text files stored on your computer when visiting websites.
- Analytical cookies to collect data about site usage and performance.
We may use this analytical data to improve our online services and to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously). This website will track the pages you visit via Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. It uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site. Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors.
- Geovariances does not use these cookies for tracking, marketing, or advertising.
We post customer testimonials and comments on our website, which may contain personal information. We obtain each customer’s consent via email before posting the customer’s name and testimonial.
HOW WE PROCESS THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you and the specific services you use, to:
- Set up your personal account MY GEOVARIANCES;
- Respond to your communications and requests;
- Conduct marketing and commercial activities and market relevant offers to you;
- Contact you by email (using a third-party GDPR-compliant email solution) or phone to inform you of news updates, specific events, upcoming training sessions, product announcements, software updates, and other marketing or technical communication that may be of interest to you per your communication preferences;
- Provide services to you;
- Handle your subscription to any of our events/training courses;
- Handle your job application;
- Help us better understand your interests and needs and improve our website.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Geovariances will not store your personal data any longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or to comply with the relevant laws and regulations.
DISCLOSURE TO OTHERS
Geovariances will not disclose your personal data to third parties. The personal information that Geovariances collects is for its sole use.
We implement reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to protect your personal information and ensure that such personal information is not accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. If you have any questions regarding the security of your personal data or if there are indications of misuse, please contact email@example.com.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
In compliance with the GDPR, you have some legal rights:
- Right of access. This means you can make a request to obtain access to the personal data concerning you.
- The right to rectify or correct your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to the erasure of the personal data that relates to you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your data to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- The right to object to or to request restriction of the processing.
- The right to data portability. This means that you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and that you have the right to transmit that data to another controller.
- The right to object to profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- The right to withdraw your consent. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to continue processing your data, particularly if the processing is required to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
You can exercise these rights by writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You finally have a right of complaint with the National Commission Informatique et Libertés (CNIL).
44 avenue de Valvins
77210 AVON – France