Personal information you provide us
We collect a variety of information that you provide us directly, in general when:
- Registering for a user account through our website. A user account is a password-protected section (“MY GEOVARIANCES”) for anyone wishing to download technical resources or software from our website or communicate with Geovariances. To access your private account, it is necessary to activate it on line by clicking “MY GEOVARIANCES”, then “Sign up for an account”).
- Making a purchase from us, including registering and enrolling in a training course
- Signing up for newsletters
- Submitting requests or questions via online forms (including “Make an enquiry” or “Try our software solution with your own data”) or email
- Requesting customer support and technical assistance
- Giving us your business card
- Applying for a job
The information you supply on Geovariances website allows us to process with your requests. The data that is essential for Geovariances is indicated by an asterisk.
Personal data that we process may include:
- Basic information such as your first and last name, prefix, title
- Contact details such as your email address, phone number, your company mailing address
- Log-in credentials, if you register a user account with us
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us, such as your company shipping address. Please note, however, that we do not collect, store, or transmit financial account information
- Personal data you provide us for the purpose of attending events or meetings,
- Personal data you may provide us for the purpose of a job application, such as your full name, date of birth, address, phone number, nationality, marital status and any other personal data set out in your application
- Any other personal data relating to you which you may provide us or that we may obtain in relation to the purposes and based on grounds set out below.
Personal information we collect
As you interact with our site, we automatically collect technical information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, the date you have accessed our site, the website you have visited before visiting our site, your browser, OS, IP address, and the domain name. We collect this personal information by using cookies. Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit websites.
- Essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Geovariances website will remember that you are signed in to your personal account MY GEOVARIANCES and that your session is secure. You need to be signed in to download software releases.
- Analytical cookies to collect data about site usage and performance.
We may use this analytical data to improve our online services and to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously): this website will track the pages you visit via Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. It uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site. Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors.
We post customer testimonials and comments on our website, which may contain personal information. We obtain each customer’s consent via email prior to posting the customer’s name and testimonial.