Registration for CFSG 2024, the benchmark course in mining geostatistics, is now open
Enroll in CFSG 2024, the online specialized training cycle in mining geostatistics, learn from the mining geostatistics experts at Mines Paris and Geovariances, and acquire the skills you need to develop your career as a resource geologist.
The CFSG training program is meant for mining geologists and engineers willing to achieve a high level of geostatistics and get a solid understanding of the theory and application of geostatistics for mineral resource estimation. It lets you review all aspects of mining geostatistics, learn the theory behind each technique, and put your new knowledge into practice through numerous exercises.
Get a solid understanding of the ins and outs of geostatistics for resource estimation. Make your program, pick the modules you are most interested in in the choice of the six modules CFSG offers.
Learn the fundamentals of mining geostatistics for resource estimation and build your first block model.I register →
Learn how to compute recoverable resources considering mining selectivity and quantify the uncertainties.I register →
Get introduced to a powerful machine-learning-based technique for geological domaining.I register →
Learn how to implement Machine Learning techniques in Python code for data classification.I register →
What alumni say
“As an exploration/resource development geologist, the CFSG training program has not only allowed me to understand better geostatistics and resource estimation concepts (EDA, IDW, OK, MIK…), but it has also bridged my career path from a resource development geologist to a resource estimation geologist. Thanks to the Center of Geostatistics of Mines Paris and Geovariances and their very comprehensive CFSG program, I was able to learn and reach my career goal without leaving my job.”
Lassana Sanogo – CFSG 2023
Senior Exploration & Resource Development Geologist – Resolute Mining (Syama Gold Mine)
“Breaking the ground of our initial knowledge into small pieces, to be able to rebuild a stronger edifice, guided by a review of the fundamentals, for a deeper understanding of geostatistical concepts, through theory and practice.” this is how I would qualify the CFSG training program.
It allows me to become more confident in the selection of further methods dedicated to mineral resource estimation and defend my findings with convincing arguments.
Eventually, attending the CFSG program still creates room for improvement of our skills as mine or resource geologists.
Dassouma Honoré Yeye – CFSG 2023
Former Senior Mine Geologist – Burkina Mining Company SA
“The CFSG training covered a wide range of geostatistical concepts during the theory sessions. I then had the ability to put these concepts into practice using Isatis.neo, allowing me to confirm my understanding and ask any further questions. I now have a deeper understanding of EDA, estimation, and validation, which will aid me in my current role. My geostatistical tool set has been greatly boosted since completing the CFSG program.”
Marlies Barden – CFSG 2023
Senior Resource Geologist – Mineral Resources Limited
“The CFSG program is an excellent framework for learning and mastering geostatistics which allowed me to eliminate the mystery I saw in stationarity, variograms, kriging, … It also provides a forum for exchanging and sharing experiences between research teachers, specialists, and professionals from different backgrounds, which I fully enjoyed. I really appreciated the program, which combines theory and practice. It allows me to be more confident in data processing and better justify estimation results.”
Souleymane Ouattara – CFSG 2022
Senior Geologist Modeling & Estimation – IAMGOLD/Essakane SA
Flavie Isatelle – CFSG 2018
Senior Resource Geologist/Geostatistician – Cube Consulting
Specialist Mining Engineer – Vale
“The CFSG Program allowed me to dive deep into the World of Geostatistics for the first time. In addition to understanding the theoretical principle, I also enjoyed the opportunity to apply the learned theories to practical examples, giving me insight into my daily activities as a Specialist in Resource Estimation. Having a connection with great teachers from the CFSG Centre and Geovariances, I could say, I had a splendid and wonderful time! Thank you, CFSG Post Graduate Diplome – Mines Paris!”
Ufi Ma’rufianty – CFSG 2010
Mineral Resource Specialist – Harita Group
Benefit from the trainers’ high expertise in geostatistics
From Mines Paris – PSL
- Half of the training program is devoted to methodological presentations, the other half to practical exercises to deepen the understanding of concepts.
– The methodological courses are given by Mines Paris professors.
– Geovariances consultants will drive the practical sessions from our French office.
– For more convenience, these courses are recorded and made available to participants during the session and until one month after the end of the course.
- A typical training week would then be:
– Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: theoretical course (on a half-day) and hands-on practice with Isatis.neo Mining Edition (on the half-day following the theoretical course).
– Friday: homework using Isatis.neo Mining Edition with compulsory rendering at the end of the day. Live corrections and comments from the teaching team. Validation of prior learning.
- CFSG is a full-time training. You are required to be present/connected for the duration of the sessions.
- CFSG is a certification training. The knowledge acquired in each module is validated through an examination. At the end of each module, you will get a training certificate that officially recognizes the full completion of the module.
- Course material and a temporary software license are provided.
- A minimum number of 8 participants is required for a module actually to take place.