Our expert in nuclear characterization gives a lecture for ENSTTI
Yvon Desnoyers will contribute to ENSTTI Decomissioning Safety course taking place in Paris from March 5-9, 2018. In particular, he will demonstrate geostatistics added value for contaminated site characterization during a dedicated session.
ENSTTI is the professional training and tutoring Institute to transfer the knowledge and know-how of the European nuclear safety organizations in a wide range of activities, from the assessment of nuclear power plant safety to the analysis of the effects of interventional radiology on health.
It is in this framework that our expert in geostatistics for radiological characterization Yvon Desnoyers will give a lecture during the Decomissioning Safety course of March 5-9, 2018.
– Overview of decommissioning aspects and presentation of ongoing decommissioning projects (NPPs and fuel cycle facilities).
– Presentation of the methodologies for safety assessment and regulatory review of safety assessment implemented in France.
– Lectures performed by specialists addressing the risks identification, human factors, radiation protection, fire safety, risks linked to handling activities during decommissioning and radiological characterisation vs waste management.
– Test case in radiation protection during decommissioning.
– a specific session will be dedicated to innovative techniques for decommissioning related to 3D simulation and contaminated site characterization with geostatistics concepts.
Date: 5-9 March 2018 | Location: Paris, France