Our expert in nuclear characterization gives a lecture for ENSTTI in November
Yvon Desnoyers will contribute to ENSTTI Decommissioning Safety course taking place in Paris from November 25-29, 2019. He will talk about how geostatistics is used for a sound contamination characterization.
ENSTTI is the professional training and tutoring institute to transfer the knowledge and know-how of the European nuclear safety organizations in a wide range of activities, from the assessment of nuclear power plant safety to the analysis of the effects of interventional radiology on health.
Within this framework, our expert in geostatistics applied to radiological characterization, Yvon Desnoyers, will give a lecture during the Decommissioning Safety course of November 25-29, 2019.
– Overview of decommissioning aspects and presentation of ongoing decommissioning projects (NPPs and fuel cycle facilities).
– Presentation of the methodologies for safety assessment and regulatory review of safety assessment implemented in France.
– Lectures performed by specialists addressing the risks identification, human factors, radiation protection, fire safety, risks linked to handling activities during decommissioning and radiological characterization vs. waste management.
– Test case in radiation protection during decommissioning.
– A specific session will be dedicated to innovative techniques for decommissioning related to 3D simulation and contaminated site characterization with geostatistics concepts.
Date: 25-29 November 2019 | Location: Paris, France