Isatis.neo Scripting| Training course
Learn how to capitalize on Isatis.neo’s batch and Python capabilities to create repeatable workflows and perform customized calculations.
This training can be delivered online on request, through instructor-led virtual sessions. Contact us for more info.
Isatis.neo is Geovariances’ new software solution in geostatistics. Designed for every business dealing with spatialized data, the software enables thorough data analysis and visualization, produces high-quality maps and models, and allows you to carry out extensive uncertainty and risk analyses that optimize your decision-making process.
By attending this course, you will:
- Learn how to use Isatis.neo’s batch functionality to record, reproduce, and automate calculations performed in the software.
- Learn how to use the embedded Python calculator for more detailed transformation, analysis, or post-processing of your data.
- Computer exercises using Isatis.neo and real-life datasets. Depending on the participants, datasets of various origins can be used for the training: air quality, soil pollution, oil reservoir, mine orebody.
- Course material provided (documentation, training data, sample batch files and Python scripts) for re-use in your workplace.
- Depending on the participants, the course will be held in French or English.
Who should attend
Geologists, geoscientists, environmental engineers, anyone wishing to gain the skills needed to automate their Isatis.neo routines or to build on them with more detailed calculations in Python.
1| WORKING WITH BATCH FILES
- Batch structure. Introduction to batch file structure.
- Recording of software tasks. Recording tasks to repeat specific calculations as input data is updated or for auditing purposes.
- Variables and arrays. How to define variables and arrays so that a series of tasks can be easily applied to other domains or datasets.
- Control flow. Creating loops for automation over different domains or variables; conditional branching.
2| THE ISATIS.NEO PYTHON CALCULATOR
- Essential Python. Introduction to Python and NumPy commands and syntax, especially as they apply to Isatis.neo variables.
- Calculator modes. How to work by sample, by borehole, with the whole dataset, or with variables on a grid.
- Further topics. Exploration of topics depending on attendees’ interest and applications.
People attending the course should have some familiarity with using Isatis.neo, such as can be gained from the Isatis.neo Fundamentals training course. No experience with scripting or Python is necessary.