Recoverable Resource Estimation| Training course
Be at the forefront of mining geostatistics and learn how to estimate recoverable resources and assess the risks of your mining project using Uniform Conditioning and Conditional Simulations.
This training can be delivered online on request, through instructor-led virtual sessions. Contact us for more info.
This advanced 2-day course allows participants to acquire solid geostatistical knowledge for mineral resource estimation in the multivariate case and is a good introduction to recoverable resource estimation and uncertainty analysis.
- Half of the course is devoted to methodological presentations, the second half to practical exercises to deepen the understanding of concepts. Focus is on illustrations and practical contribution of the covered concepts.
- Computer exercises with Isatis.neo Mining Edition.
- Course material and temporary software license provided.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at resource and exploration geologists and mining engineers involved in feasibility studies or medium to long term planning, and wish to deepen their theoretical and practical knowledge of mining geostatistics.
- Reminders of linear geostatistics
- Gaussian Anamorphosis
- Support Correction: its importance for global recoverable resource estimation
- Information Effect
- Local or global recoverable resource estimation: Univariate and multivariate Uniform Conditioning and Localized Uniform Conditioning
- Uncertainty analysis and quantification using Conditional Simulations (Turning Bands method)
Prior knowledge of linear geostatistics is recommended.
The course Mineral Resource Estimation covering the fundamental concepts of geostatistics for resource estimation offers an ideal basis for this advanced course.