Seismic data filtering and depth conversion with geostatistics | Training course
Understand and master the use of geostatistics for reliable time-to-depth conversion and comprehensive uncertainty analysis of reservoir volumes.
- Understand and implement geostatistics to build robust reservoir structural models.
- Improve seismic data quality with geostatistical filtering.
- Make the best use of all available data to achieve robust time-to-depth conversion.
- Perform quantified uncertainty analysis on traps and reservoir volumes.
- Half of the course is devoted to theoretical and methodological presentations, the second half to practical exercises on real-life cases to deepen the understanding of concepts. The focus is on illustrations and practical contributions of the covered concepts.
- Computer exercises with Isatis.neo Petroleum Edition with workflow.
- Individual work reviewed and corrected by the trainer during online courses.
- Course material provided (documentation, journal files, training data, worked examples) for re-use in your workplace.
Who should attend
This course aims at geophysicists involved in data interpretation and mapping of surfaces limiting the reservoirs.
SESSION 1: QC AND FILTERING
- Quality control of seismic data
– Identify possible data outliers, anisotropies, trends, etc.
- Understanding and filtering of several artifacts (noise, footprints, acquisition artifacts)
– Quantification of the spatial variability: calculation, interpretation, and modeling of the variogram.
– Seismic filtering by kriging (2D/3D): principles and properties.
SESSION 2: TIME-TO-DEPTH CONVERSION
- Multivariate geostatistics for time-to-depth conversion
– Integration of seismic data or velocity model parameters and wells information in the interpolation. Analysis of the correlations between variables. Multivariate variogram. Co-kriging.
– Multi-layer approach and Bayesian techniques to reduce the uncertainties.
SESSION 3: UNCERTAINTY ANALYSIS
- Uncertainty quantification
– Introduction to the conditional simulations for uncertainty quantification.
– Difference between kriging and conditional simulations.
- Trap analysis and volumetrics
– Probabilistic maps.
– Risk analysis.
- How to find the best model
– Introduction to Geostatistical Inversion.
SESSION 4: EXERCISES WITH ISATIS.NEO AND CONVERSIONS & UNCERTAINTIES WORKFLOW
As the course refers to advanced geostatistical concepts, it is highly recommended that attendees have a reasonable knowledge of variography and kriging.
The course “Data Analysis and Property Modeling with Geostatistics” covers the fundamental concepts of geostatistics for Oil & Gas and provides an ideal basis to this course.
You can practice further with Isatis.neo Conversions & Uncertainties Workflow by attending the course “Seismic Time-depth Conversion in Practice”.